Back at the beach


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
February 4th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Having endured the crazyness of HCMC for four nights and two long days on the delta, we opted for a jolly up the coast to the 10 km long Mui Ne Beach adjacent to a local fishing village, 200 km north east of Saigon.

Travelling by bus is a slow experience over here with the trip taking around 6 hours, but there is plenty of things to look at in the surrounding countryside.

Whilst the beach itself is not something that will rank in the world top 10, its nice enough and, as with the rest of Vietnam the best thing is just the people watching potential.

The place itself is just one long strip of hotels, motels, chalets and restaurants, but it is not as built up as many tourist places you come accross. One question is where are all the people? the area seems strangely quiet with too many hotels and nobody around, not that its a problem.

Staying at a resort called the Canary was a bit excessive as its a whopping 9 quid a night for a room, but its right on the beach with a pool and poolside bar. The accomadation here
The LocalsThe LocalsThe Locals

You make your own fun over here, no playstation for these guys.
stupidly cheap and of a fairly high standard.

Checked out one of the amazing fish restaurants where you pick your fish, they BBQ it in front of you and then serve it to you with fresh veg and rice, for one pound. In general the food here is pretty special with the national dish of beef noodle soup (Pho Bo) being a firm favourite. Washed down with a few Saigon beers, of course!!!!

Vietnam is fast moving up the list of best countries visited.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Mui Ne BeachMui Ne Beach
Mui Ne Beach

The local beach


Tot: 0.29s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 77; dbt: 0.2301s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb