Top 2 Best Backpacking Routes in Hue, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta
February 17th 2017
Published: February 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

1. Highway 14: Ho Chi Minh - PeKe Pass

No need to say much about the legendary Truong Son Trail, also known as Ho Chi Minh Trail on Highway 14. This is also the road along the border of Vietnam - Laos. In Thua Thien Hue Province, you will have to overcome the PeKe pass on this road and have clearest glimpse of the lives of the people of A Luoi district.

A Luoi is also home to many sites associated with a heroic resistance as Pass Me Oi, Mau stream (Blood stream), Thit Bam Hill (Hamburger Hill), A Lin stream... The Ho Chi Minh Trail helps connect A Luoi with Quang Tri and Quang Nam in trading. There are also some border gate with Laos like: Hong Van - Cu Tai, A Dot - Ta Vang. The promising tourism potential for A grid is a gradually unfolding.

Running along the Ho Chi Minh trail, you will pass through many primary forests. The most beautiful primary forest which is a famous tourist site of the district is the one in A Roang commune, 30 km from A Luoi. It extends from the A Luoi district to Giang district of Quang Nam province. The primary forests with high waterfalls, deep abysses are very attractive for ecotourism and adventure which is very suitable for those who love thrilling and adventurous trips. Surely once passed, you will have many amazing memories with this legendary road in our Hue tours .

2. Provincial Road 14B: Khe Tre - Thac Mo

Compared to 4 above roads, the provincial road 14B is less selected because of rugged path and inconvenient condition, more and more difficult to go further. Meeting with National Highway 1A, is not difficult to locate the provincial road 14B, which wind its way along majestic Bach Ma National Park. Running to the end of Khe Tre town is well off the road. From here, if you want to go forward, you have only one way of walking backwards Thuong Lo river to enter the national park. However, it is a different story for those who love to explore nature.

If you only want to travel on an easy way, on the way to the town of Khe Tre, you can stop at Mo waterfall and Nam Dong. If the delta of Hue is in hot days, the weather in the mountainous district of Nam Dong is very cool. Mo waterfall catches the water originated from Bach Ma Mountain which is 1,400m higher than sea level, so it’s even cooler. This place is known by the locals thanks to beautiful natural scenery with green forests covered and clear cool water. Located on the main trail leading up the local mountains and beyond is the majestic Bach Ma Mountain range, Mo Waterfall is a highlight among green immense marvellous mountains and forests of Hue.

You will be impressed by the large blue lake, marking the final point of the three waterfalls originated from the mountains. The place is endowed with three great deep pools, which is about 100m² squares each, enough to serve all the visitors who want to take a dip in the cool waters. On the upstream side, a huge towering rock appears along with water falling down to the lakes below. It's considered the "music of jungle " - the sound of waterfalls, the wind, the birds and is the characteristic of Mo waterfall. Not only Hue, with Vietnam tour packages , you will have chance to discover more than you think.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0611s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb