All aboard, the night train


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 5th 2015
Published: July 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi you were fantastic, amazing food, vibrant streets, art and architecture. We have had a ball getting to know the old quarter and immersing ourselves in city life. We even learned to cross the road Vietnam style (easier than it looks!).

We spent Saturday roaming the streets and the lake checking out the little turtle temple (Ngoc Son Temple) in the middle of the Hoan Kiem Lake.

We felt it was time for a change from the 39 degree heat and constant crowds so we booked an overnight sleeper train adventure (hard class as soft class was full). I hope you can imagine the excitement and wonder on Agus's face because we ran out of battery!

There was a bar on the front carriage, more like a pop up bar Viet style. It was quite the adventure getting beers. Was fun exchanging stories about the walk with other foreigners.

We shared a sleeper with two locals. They couldn't speak a word of English but were still great with the kids. The old man had POW tattoos on his arms. The kids did amazingly well on the 14 hour journey to the coastal city Hue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

6 birth hard sleeper6 birth hard sleeper
6 birth hard sleeper

Agus is so excited to sleep on a train he's unable to keep still


7th July 2015
6 birth hard sleeper

Looks like a fun appartment.
Looks like a fun appartment. Hope the locals didn't snore.

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb