Week 1 - Hanoi to Sapa


Advertisement
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 19th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi to Sapa on a Motorbike... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Retail TherapyRetail Therapy
Retail Therapy

The small town we stayed in was on the border with China. Hilltibe people came to market once a week dressed in fantastic colours to sell their produce.
Pho Ga for BreakfastPho Ga for Breakfast
Pho Ga for Breakfast

A short stop for breakfast in the next town for chicken pho! Lauren very pleased by this decision. Sapa next stop.
The mother of all HillsThe mother of all Hills
The mother of all Hills

Some locals wals back from the market up a huge hill. Shortly after our clutch burnt out, Molie went to fix it and 1.5 hrs later we were on our way to Sapa again.
Ruined PalaceRuined Palace
Ruined Palace

Lunch was had in Bac Ha after a "rocky road" (read massive lumps of shale and mud). This palace was built for the Hmong King by the French for miltary support in the war against the Viets.
Finally the end - SapaFinally the end - Sapa
Finally the end - Sapa

We make it to Sapa's cool air and mountain scenery.
Mountain VistasMountain Vistas
Mountain Vistas

The scenery around Sapa was truly breathtaking. Well worth a second visit.
Road HazardRoad Hazard
Road Hazard

Nearly at the train station we ran over a cow pat that went ... well... everywhere. We made an emergency stop to wash off.
We made it!We made it!
We made it!

We caught an overnight train from Sapa back to Hanoi. Our last challenge was to negotiate peak hour traffic from the train station to the Voyage Vietnam Office. A hot breakfast beckoned.
DownpourDownpour
Downpour

That night a sudden downpour sent commuters scatterring and cooled down the rest of us.



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb