Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 13th 2006
Published: May 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Have been in Hanoi one day, we had decided to do a walking tour of the old quarter area of the city, so went down and had breakfast and then the heavens decided to open, so I went back to our room and saw that we had a lake rapidly developing in our room as none of the windows were sealed properly and the rain was just pouring in! A lovely lady from our guest house (who didn't understand a word I was saying) spent about an hour and a half mopping up the mess and wouldn't let me help!

The rain finally stopped and we ended up going on our tour - went to Hoan Kiem Lake which was really really beautiful and then walked through the old streets - each street sells something different, you would have a street of shoe shops, then street of clothes shops, then street of lantern shops etc etc, constantly being harrassed by moto riders and cyclo riders trying to get us on their transport. We finally gave in and did get on a cyclo, nearly killed the poor man, trying to cycle round with me and Jared on the front of his bike!

About 90% of the vehicles on the road over here are motorbikes, they are just everywhere. There are no real road rules that I can figure out over here, aside from just drive and if you are going through an intersection beep your horn and hope that everyone gets out of your way! It makes crossing the street an experience! You just walk and wait for the motorbikes and cars to go around you!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



14th May 2006

Nice Bananas!
I just wanted to be the 1st to make a comment. Have fun!
16th May 2006

Jared you fit right in!!!
Jared that great pic with you in the Yellow tee shirt... Looking very Asian my friend. People at your hotels might start thinking your Anna's little Asian toy boy!!! So you may want to flag the hat? Great blog though....keep it coming.
17th May 2006

Hi Guys!!! Looks like you are having a fab time...web site a great idea.Looking forward to the next episode!!! Cheers :o)

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb