Walking and Walking


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 7th 2006
Published: April 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

To continue:

We walked to the Historical Museum where there were many items of antiquities and recent history of Vietnam. On the way, we saw the opera house and the Hilton hotel, both of which are quite French. The walk was very pleasant as there were so many big trees lining the streets. I wish Bangkok was like that. Close by is the Sofitel Metropole which is very posh. We didn't dare go inside so we sat opposite at Au Lac Cafe eating Croque Monsieur and chicken club sanwich - nice location but the food is not as good as Little Hanoi the Cafe.

More walk, and in the end we ended up near the hotel. A shower was in order as it was rather hot. Then we ventured out again, et voila! We saw an antique shop. We discovered an old wooden tray and a box, both with mother of pearls inlaid, priced at US$350 and US$130 respectively. We got the tray down to $230, but I wanted it for 200. So we walked away....thinking that tomorrow we will return for and get them.

this night, we ate at Little Hanoi (downstairs) restaurant. The food was not as good as the Upstairs one.

Then we went to a bar called IBox - very trendly - for a drink. Hip young Hanoi crowd and foreigners come here for live band. Tonight was the Latin night. We stayed for 15 mins. as the music was loud and I was getting sleepy.

Slept at 9!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb