Day 5 Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Note: Photos were taken at various times since arriving.

Day 5
Hanoi

Kerri and I were up at 6.00 for our morning exercise to walk around the lake with many of Hanoi's older folk. Activities included aerobics, body slapping, Tai Chi, wheel chair races, pajama fashion parades, dancing with fans, body building, badminton, combined fan and ball thingy, sitting, praying and just straight walking. Kerri and I just stuck to the later. It was a good 3/4 hour walk. Breakfast with the boys and then we were off again to explore the old quarter. Under a hot sun, high humidity, narrow lanes, motorbikes and bikes galore we needed some frequent respites away from it all. An air-conditioned DVD shop was one, as was a restaurant for drinks.

We stopped for lunch in a cafe on the edge of the lake. Great location and not too pricy. (milkshakes were three dollars). Our short walk back was stress free as we now look the right way for oncoming traffic (opposite side is driven on compared to Australia).

A midday rest is now the go for us and the boys are playing table tennis in their makeshift arrangements.

Tommorrow we head off by overnight train to travel south to Hue.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb