Vietnam has given me a warm welcome


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 29th 2008
Published: May 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hanoi, my basecamp for the next 3 months

the office of Volunteers for Peace is located in the suburbs of Hanoi

hi everybody,



This morning 10.15 am local time, my feet set a step on Vietnamese sole... immediately a hot and wet wind was welcoming me ...pfiew huuuuge difference with Europe! my trip was long, but traveling with Thai Airlines is definetely in style! deliciuos food, nice stewards, lots of space ( I had three seats for myself and legspace for my 2 meters legs hihi) and a fresh flower to welcome us in Asia... never felt more welcome than here.

I had to make a stop in Bangkok, and that is probably the most modern airport I have ever seen so far! Strange architecture and very zell commercialised, it is a hard challenge to pass all the shops on the way to your gate without buying anything... except for me, cause I didn't had any Thai currency with me...

Compaired to my Monsoon entrance in India, nov 2005 for those who still remember it, this time my coordinator was waiting for me to pick me up with a driver and brought me to the Volunteers for Peace office, in the surroundings of Hanoi, capital of Vietnam. The rest of the day they gave me the opportunity to relax, rest and scroll around. They explained me the programme, introduced me to many people who are working for VPV and they showed me around. There are like 15 volunteers, from all around the world who are working and living here. Everybody is working in a different Vietnamese ngo's and has theirs own tasks. my first impression is positive so the future will verify this or maybe not...

Hope you are all doing well in Belgium, Ecuador, New York, Mozambique or other places around the world!

So far my first report... probably not my last, but that depends on the internet connection here 😊

hug,
An

Advertisement



Tot: 0.188s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 74; dbt: 0.0753s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb