King Hung Temple Festival


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
April 15th 2008
Published: April 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Hung Temple Festival is the most important part of the programme “Back to Festive Region of Vietnam” which opened on the sixth day of the first lunar month at Au Co Mother Temple and will close on the tenth day of the third lunar month.

This year, Phu Tho Province has restored and upgraded the Thuong (Upper) Temple. The Hung Temple is well decorated. Many greeting gates, panels and large maps have been set up to give guidance to visitors.

Local authorities have paid more attention to services and security. The Legend Restaurant can serve 600 guests at the same time.

Apart from the previous year’s traditional activities imbued with the culture of Phu Tho such as bronze drumming, lion dancing, wrestling and boating, this year will see more activities such as an exhibition cum fair introducing special fruits from provinces and cities with the theme “Best Fruits Offerings for the Kings Hung”.

The chung and day cake making competition has attracted the participation of 30 provinces and cities from the North to the South. The Kings Hung Museum will organise exhibition “Some Images on Kings Hung’s Death Anniversaries Nationwide - The Kings Hung’s Festival Past and Present.” A musical performance and a poetry night will be held to warm up the festive atmosphere.

A seminar to work out criteria to develop “Cultural Space of Kings Hung Ancestral Land” will be organised for the first time for submission to UNESCO for recognition as world cultural heritage site.

The incense offering ceremony to commemorate the Kings Hung will take place at 7.30am on April 15 (or the tenth day of the third lunar month) at the Kings Hung Temple.
Visit our website: www.keytovietnam.com for more details

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb