Uncle Ho


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 13th 2007
Published: November 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

After alate start - all this travellig is taking its toll - we ventured out into the dry and the warm to investigate the Ho Chi Minh Complex. Within was the ginormous mausoleum but Mr Minh wasnt in as he has gone to Russia for embalming maintenance - how funny.
From there were ventured into the Botanical gardens where most of the youth of the city were having kisses and cuddles - very wierd in such a public place.
Eventually we were allowed into the Ho Chi Minh museum itself (it shuts for a very long lunch) and were amased to see how much they love their Uncle Ho. Also we saw the Presidential palace, a one piller pagoda and his stilt house. All very interesting.
To give somthing back to the community we have just eaten at a not for profit resturant for street children of Hanoi - so Jamie Oliver wasnt the first person to come up with the idea. The food was delicious and we felt likie we have done a little good on our trip.
Tomorrow we head on a 3 day tour of Ha Long Bay - yip pee - it should be pure luxury as was are staying on an original junk but Im sure we will have stories to tell.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb