Hi Mrs. Stine and Kids,


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 13th 2006
Published: November 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

APEC VIETNAM LOGOAPEC VIETNAM LOGOAPEC VIETNAM LOGO

This is the important Conference for which we have been preparing!
00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

till Flat Stanley and Uncle Arlyn return home to Steve Tucker!





Uncle Arlyn and I are going to come home next week, just in time for Thanksgiving. We are flying back next Saturday night and the trip will take us about 30 hours, but we will be back in Tulsa at 1:30 PM on Sunday, November 19th.

Before we come back to the United States, we have a busy week ahead of us. A lot of VIPs (that means Very Important People) are coming to Hanoi for some really important meetings. Uncle Arlyn and I have to go to a different hotel this week because some of those VIPs will be staying in our hotel, and they always bring a lot of security and employees.

You know who will be staying in our hotel? The President of Russia, whose name is Vladimir Putin and the Prime Minister of Australia whose name is John Howard. Earlier we asked you to guess who the very important person Uncle Arlyn and I would be meeting with in Hanoi. Did anyone guess President Bush? If so you were right, but a few things may have changed.

At that
Bridge to Pagoda at Hoan Kim LakeBridge to Pagoda at Hoan Kim LakeBridge to Pagoda at Hoan Kim Lake

This is a very beautiful bridge and famous landmark in Hanoi
time President Bush was going to be in a meeting with us, but that has changed. If you guessed President Bush, you were right. He will be here in Hanoi, but his schedule has changed and although we may get to see him, he will not be in our meeting.

We are now meeting with another VIP however. We are in a meeting with the Secretary of State, Condoleezza Rice on Saturday. She is a very important person. She is in charge of how the United States of America develops relations with other countries.

Uncle Arlyn and I have a lot to do to get ready for these meetings, but we will try to get you some more updates and pictures before we leave Hanoi. We are looking for to coming home and seeing Steve Tucker. He is one of Uncle Arlyn’s favorite nephews.

Chau everyone!

Flat Stanley and Uncle Arlyn



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Old Gate and Wall to Old HanoiOld Gate and Wall to Old Hanoi
Old Gate and Wall to Old Hanoi

This is a famous gate. It is over a thousand years old!


13th November 2006

Thanks Arlyn!
Good picture again!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb