They're Sending Me Off to Vietnam, It's This Whole Other Country


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 24th 2018
Published: July 25th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today we left Thailand and headed to Vietnam. Our flight out of Phuket was not until 1:30 so we leisurely ate breakfast at a nearby café before taking a taxi to the airport. Once at the airport,p we made use of our Priority Pass Lounge access and scarfed down the meager offerings available at the Phuket airport. We connected through Bangkok and again used our lounge access. The Miracle loungein Bangkok was very good. They had green curry, Brad’s favorite, and Leo beer, our favorite. We cooled our heels at the lounge for as long as we could before we boarded our flight.

We touched down in Hanoi and cleared customs with our pre-arranged work visas (Habitat for Humanity required us to get a work visa). We exchanged a few USD for Dong and purchased data plans for our phones. Kristy had pre-arranged a car service to transfer us to our hotel.

We checked in at the Classic Street Hotel in Hanoi. The hotel is quite old and our room was musty. We opted not to ask the desk for a different room because we were leaving for Halong Bay in the morning. We played on our phones a little and prepared to depart in the morning before bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb