Discover Si Ma Cai in Lao Cai province, Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Si Ma Cai
June 27th 2016
Published: June 27th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Discover Si Ma Cai in Lao Cai province, Vietnam




Lao Cai is a very famous touristy destination which attracts so many tourists every year. Lao Cai is well-known because it owns Sapa and Si Ma Cai. Sapa has a lot of amazing places to visit while Si Ma Cai develop community tourism very much.

Si Ma Cai lies at the height of 1,500m above the sea level. Joining Vietnam motorcycle tours to this place, tourists will see the vast of pine forests in the coldness together with the multicolor brocades of the different hill tribes’ costumes. However, not as famous as Sapa in developing tourism, Si Ma Cai seems to be forgotten.

This is considered as the most beautiful rout with the cliffs, untouched caves, interminable forests with many precious kinds of orchids lying along the both banks of the river. Si Ma Cai is a new tourist destination which is in time of trying to develop community tourism, home-stay (tourists can stay at the house of the local).

In the end of autumn (late October and early November), in all over Si Ma Cai, the pink color of the hills of flowers look the most beautiful and attract so many tourists to visit and take photos.

The people's committee of Lu Than commune is 13km from Bac Ha market and 80km from Lao Cai, just follow the National Road and you can be easy to reach Si Ma Cai. From Lao Cai, you take a motorbike trip to the way from Coc Pai town, Xin Man commune through Lung Cai, Lung Phinh to Lu Than commune, Si Ma Cai district.

The hills of flowers normally are 4km from the people's committee of Lu Than commune. Because the road is under construction, it is quite hard to ride through, a little bit challenge to all riders.

In Lu Than, growing Tam Giang Mach is the decision of the authority here to promote tourism in this quite poor commune. It helps the local to get more money for a better life. In the season of Tam Giac Mach blooming, Si Ma Cai is full of tourists.

The center market in Si Ma Cai is located at the halfway of the slope, built under the French colony. The main day of the market is on Sunday. To reach the market, the local people have to start the journey through the forest from 2 or 3am, when it is still very dark, they bring with some rice with Men Men to get to the market in time and have breakfast at the market. It takes about 8 hours for the strong person to walk to the market, the weaker takes longer time (nearly 1 day).

Horse is a very popular and indispensable mean of transportation in this highland market. Therefore, Si Ma Cai horse market is the biggest one in the North of Vietnam. On Sunday, the horse market does not only attract traders coming here to exchange or buy horses but also attract many international tourists.

During Vietnam Motorbike Tours to Si Ma Cai, tourist will enjoy corn wine Man Than, Thang Co, pork, black chicken, Sin Cheng duck meat…If you have a chance to try these specialities, you will never forget. Visiting Si Ma Cai, you can contemplate the beauty of Quan Than San mountain at the height of 2,800m above the sea level and the impressive beauty of friendly smiles of the local.

Si Ma Cai is a new and fantastic tourist destination. Hope that Si Ma Cai will be as famous as Sapa in Lao Cai soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0831s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb