Sapa - Trek


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
April 28th 2006
Published: April 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well have arrived back after three sensational days trekking through the Hills of Sapa and surounds. Where do I start, the trek we undertook intermediate (Bloody Hard). We had a great guide and it was just the four of us, amazing sights smells sounds, the local village people so freindly they all welcomed us into there homes.

First day of the trek luckily down hill we realised of course that to get out it was going to be uphill, more of that later, after meeting our first host family, we all went to the river and cooled down in what was a beutiful clean fresh river, all the local children laughed at me and Sam swimming in the river. We had packed to much gear thinking it may be cool and wet in SAPA far from the truth it was hot and steamy and I have been lugging around a huge backpack with way to much gear.

Dinner at the host family was sensational, Rice stir fried pork and vegetables steamed Chocko, and amazing other food we did not expect the food to be so good, Emma has been going crazy with the food. Of course at dinner the host brings out the rice wine, not trying to be outdone I kept up with the locals, every time someone shouts Zooo you skull another rice wine well i paid for it in the morning. Sam has been bringing out the footy and all our stops and the kids and adults are all amazed. Sam I and our guide mike had a game of soccer at a local school, with a couple of the teenage boys full of laughs.

The scenery is nothing short of amazing, rice paddies built into the side of impossible hills, running short of time leaving SAPA in ten minutes as such better go. Will attempt in Hanoi tommorow to upload some photos into the blog and give you some further information. Blog is a little disjointed due to limited time frame sorry about spelling. Can some one let Hazel and Keith know everything is alright. Thanks the TICKS.

Advertisement



30th April 2006

Keep walkin
well done, glad everything is going well,sounds fantastic. keep mail coming and hopefully waiting for some photos :)

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0298s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb