Hello SAPA


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
April 26th 2006
Published: April 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

26th: Arrived in Sapa early hours of this morning after an over night train ride from Hanoi. Met our guide Mic at Lao Cai station. Bus ride up the mountains to Sapa. The train trip was enjoyable with beds not exactly made to measure, but a fairly good night sleep had by all. We have just had breakfast (Pho) beef soup which costs 40,000 dong or $3.25.

😞Yesterday 25th) Unbelievable day in Hanoi, It is the most amazing place, spent the whole day walking the Old Qtr, Tried to follow the Lonley Planet walking Guide but I think it is better to just head down bum up and take in all the amazing stalls. Still find it hard to get over the traffic, motorbikes by the millions. Back to the Old Qtr last night for tea, then catch Bus to Hanoi train station, Good 4 bed air con sleeper, although air con I think set at -2 which made it almost unbearable. Arived Lao Cai, with hundreds of touts trying to sell us gear and offer us rides to SAPA on the back of motorbikes, If you see the roads and the way the Vietnamese drive I would think against the ride to SAPA by motorbike.

26th: Have just had my walking boots fixed for the second time a little shoe shop in SAPA Aus $2 to glue the sole back on. We take off on or trek into the hills in about an hour have met our guide who is allready a barrel of laughs, we bought a Footy in Sydney (Un 12 size) which Sam is taking everywhere, and it has become a real hit with other kids and adults alike, Sam has taught about a dozen people so far to bounce a footy Aussie Rules style. Our guide has suggested when we get to our home stay tonight in the hills a real game of footy awaits should be fun.

Trip has been tiring but at this stage it is everything and more than I expected, we all have survived on little sleep but it hasnt seemed to bother us too much.

Next two nights in the Hills around SAPA so prob no more from us until our arrival back to SAPA on Saturday, then back on the overnight train arriving Hanoi 5;30am Sunday morn. Will attempt to keep you up to date. Regards TICK"S

Advertisement



26th April 2006

Howdy
Pleased you have arrived after train trip,we were a little worried,enjoy your time in the hills .Have you had a shower yet?you did get my message re dancing with the stars Noelene is out!How is the weather Look forward to hearing your next adventures ! The GirlsXX
27th April 2006

SAPA
Meg asks - how are you going with the lingo? Will says thanks for the message Jon - Don't sell your sole - just hop- you should be good after three weeks. Jeanette - Wish I was there washing dishes Reuben -I miss you. Doug - thath's lovely (Adaam I love you)

Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb