Sapa Trekking - Handspan !


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Sapa
November 19th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sapa !

Finally after a gruelling overnight train ride...we arrived in the magical tourist town in the north !

The train ride is uneventful except for some hard joints & knocks...cart selling stuff and a crazy attendant waking everyone by banging on the doors at 5am ! Get the deluxe ride on King express if you can for $5 extra each way...gets you a romantic...ha ha ha wooden cabin with 4 berths and a wet toilet for everyone to share !

The trek booked thru handspan went well for the start...got to the office and started unpacking and dumping eveything you dont need at the office. Hot shower available. Trekking is a great pace and with 2 nights overnight at the villages. it was enjoyable and great to talk to the locals along the way. Of course the energetic Black Hmong ladies would follow you all the way thru to your first village with constant smiles...teaching you words of their language and at the same time trying to get your commitment by asking at every turn " buy from me later okay" ?

Arriving at the house, there is loads of free time to chill out while your guide prepares dinner...loads of vegetables & fruits and meats....truly a great experience ! Of course we carried it all the way thru with the guide...diving the load with our picnic lunch...ha ha ha ha...it pays to be a small asian man..I got the smallest load !

After chilling out, the ladies go into full force selling you everything they have ...to not buy anything will take the resolve of a stone ! I ended up with one big bag and 2 smaller ones plus 3 wristbands whom I have no idea who they are for...

The trek is beautiful...take your time to go slow and not rush ! The scenery stunning and the hot springs at the end of the 2nd day truly great !!!

At Sapa Town..eat at the restaurant call Hill Station directly opp the best internet cafe in the town...with the latest computer ! The food there is cheap cheap cheap and great ! Fresh juices are great too ! Dont eat at the fancy italian place...lousy food for a high price !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb