the stools


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
February 5th 2008
Published: November 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

It took hours to get to Halong Bay. I didn’t think it was that long, but I just slept the whole time. We stopped 2 times and finally got there. We took one of those cool boats for the Bay tour.
I couldn’t stop wondering how nice the place would be in summer. It was so beautiful. Sometimes there are small boats around, they sell fruits to the tourists.
We went to this cave. It was so beautiful inside. Especially because they put some kind of lightning it made they look more beautiful. We met this Korean guy on the trip who thought we are Koreans. He was really nice he helped taking pictures for us all the time. You cant really see his face because it’s the only picture we took of him. I feel bad about this, and about my lack of photography skill as well. He took so many pictures of us, probably he made a blog about halong bay with and put our pictures because he got no pictures without our faces on it.
When we were going back to Hanoi, the travel agent (this little loud girl actually) seemed to mess up with the bus. Other
cavecavecave

inside it
people join and the seats were mixed. Ju already sat down when this girl asked us to get down from the bus and wait for the next one. She insists us to go down and I did (I felt so bad about this, I’m sorry Ju, we shouldve stayed).
So it came out that only us two left that got no seats. We were angry and she did confusing things when we were mad at her. Like sitting on a stool and counting with calculator.
There was this moment when she told the bus to go without us and Ju suddenly told her “We have to be at the airport soon”. The girl was running after the bus and scream in Vietnamese, so loud. I couldn’t be more thankful to Ju. If she didn’t do it we might have to wait for hours on those small stools.
But finally she made us sat on the stools, on the bus back to Hanoi. We were sitting on small stools next to the bus door for 4 hours. We couldn’t feel our legs when we got to Hanoi.
I don’t know what made us took the stools with us, but we did.
the guythe guythe guy

sorrrryyyy...
We walked around with the stools and people were confused looking at two asian tourist girls walking around with stools. They were laughing at us but we hold the stools proudly.
We had dinner at this place called Ladybird. Good food. We walked around the area and found stores selling CDs. It was like finding paradise. Good packaged CDs, 10 or 20 Dongs each. They have good genres as well, I got most of Back to Mine Collections in here.
We went back to the travel agency and gave the stools to them. We spent the next hour complaining about the trip and tried to get whatever we don’t know. Then the guy got us 50% discount for the new room we’re staying. So we stopped complaining and gave him the stools, to say thank you and to remind them this wont be happen to anyone anymore.
We had good sleep that night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

cute girlcute girl
cute girl

she helped her grandmama selling pineapple


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb