The Heaven that is Mia


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast
December 6th 2014
Published: December 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

View from reception on a moonlit evening
Straight from the wilds of the jungle, we fly to Nha Trang airport with Vietnam Airlines. We have seen City, river, jungle and now it's time for beach. We arrive at Mia Resort, which is about 20 minutes from Nha trang. We arrive at about 9.30 at night and are so tired. We are greeted by the loveliest people at one of the loveliest resorts I have ever seen. They greet us with a glass of traditional sugar cane juice, which is called Mia in Vietnamese and a little panna cotta dessert whilst we are checking in. Ahhhh this is more like it! We are driven to our rooms which face the ocean with our own decks so close to the ocean you go to sleep listening to the crashing of the waves. I am not well, and happy to find a comfy bed with hopefully no creatures visiting. On waking we explore. This place is heavenly. We settle in for three days relaxing by the pool. The weather is warm but rainy. A typhoon in the Philipines has caused massive waves at the usually calm resort beach and the boys are in their element body surfing. The staff are worried about them as they are keeping the Asian and Russian visitors out of the surf as they cannot swim well. It's like boomer beach and the kids are used to it so we let them enjoy the waves. Paul included. Crazy Australians..... The kids are in heaven ordering milkshakes and juices by the pool. I book in for a 90 minute massage and emerge feeling human again. I find Paul and the boys enjoying a long lunch, tommy has ordered a steak and the boys are now enjoying dessert and somehow we manage to spend $160 US on lunch. This place is going to be dangerous. The cocktails are gorgeous, and at about $8 reasonable, but the 5% tax and then a 10% tax added again to the bills mounts up. It's Harry's 14th birthday while we are here and he gets some money and a giant Haighs chocolate frog I have brought from home. He has a nibble of the froggie in the morning before we head off, only to find the cleaners have ditched his froggie when he returns! Not happy Jan!! We go to the Sailing Club for dinner which is nice (also owned by Mia Resort) but don't bother exploring as its pouring with rain. I book the boys into the resort for a massage as a special treat. They love it. Except Harry who comes back rolling his eyes and horrified as he tells me that he peeked through the eye cover and that his massage lady sneezed into her hands and then Rubbed it all over him..... Ewwwww. Typical Harry massage. We run into a Brisbane family that were on the same flight to HCMC as us last week. We had already run into them in the markets of HcMc so very funny to see they were staying in the rooms below us in the Mia Resort. Lovely family with the last name Mate so easy to remember. Two boys Ben and Nick who are Max and Harry's age so the kids enjoyed the last day together, catching crabs on the beach while we enjoyed cocktails with Bill and Anna. What a pity we didn't catch up with them earlier, so nice to have some other girl company!


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Wine cellar
imageimage
image

Spa selfie
imageimage
image

Spa right at the top of the resort overlooking our villa below
imageimage
image

Mango Colada in a fresh coconut
imageimage
image

Coconut milk mohito
imageimage
image

Here, borrow my sunglasses Harry...........what? Are the girls glasses? Nah they look fine lol.....(albino Lesley chow)


Tot: 0.198s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1129s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb