The tombs and dunes of Hue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế
January 23rd 2016
Published: January 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

We originally had organised a tour with the stop and go cafe to go around the outside of the citadel in motorbikes but as the weather was so wet, we decided to change the motorbikes to a car instead!slightly disappointing but definitely the sensible thing as the rain was so heavy it was hard to see anything!
On the tour, we visited the royal tombs, dieu de national pagoda and went out to the countryside to see an old village!on our way-we stopped of at a family temple which the caretaker offered us some Vietnamese tea and ginger sweets just because we were passing!the Vietnamese people especially in the countryside are very friendly!!
After the tour we sampled more local Hue food (shrimp in banana leaves and beef noodle soup) and then walked around a bit more!
For dinner we went to a place called fathers house restaurant-which is literally a dining room in someone's house and the kitchen has these 2 old ladies cooking (toilet is beside the kitchen so you have to pass through it to get there!) best food I've had in Vietnam though-everything VERY fresh!
We are getting a bit fed up with the cold wet weather so hopefully it will improve soon-haven't packed enough clothes for this shit!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.9kb