Home of affection


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
August 3rd 2006
Published: August 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

today was another early start at the Home of affection which is only about a 5min bike ride away! all five of us (me, robin, abbe, maddie and liane) went and each have our own group! I was teaching 2 boys who are brothers.. Sang and Trang and also 2 girls Linh and Thung. They were from 7 years old to about 10! It was a little difficult at first to keep their attention but after a while they settled down and i soon realised they all had very different abilities! I organised 4 different activities for them for the hour and a half and it all went quite well considering i left the game of word bingo at home which i spent ages making yesturday!!!

After the class everyone played together and chatted, the kids are so adorable and they all have their different stories which are usually very sad! they also all want your attention which is very difficult at times! Truc especially does! liane teaches him on his own because he needs special attention. Until he was 5 he was kept in a dark room on his own + was treated very badly. The vietnamese teacher told me he is mentally disabled and their way of dealing with him is to ignore him but he needs attention which is why he is having one on one time! Viet the program director calls him the security guard bcos when u get to the gates he is the first to greet u and he introduces u to everyone! hes so loving!!

anyway i ve put some photos on of a few of them....



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb