Hue let the dogs out?


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
February 19th 2012
Published: February 25th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We pulled up at the train station and decided to walk to our hotel again because it was "10mins away". 25mins later we arrived at Newlife where they filled our thirsty holes with drink and yoghurt. A nice welcome and we went up to our room complete with balcony. A first on our trip. We didnt do anything this day due to travelling all day but we ate at Family Home restaurant which had the best spring rolls and massive servings we were stuffed. Stick a chopstick in me! One thing we noticed about Hue was there was alot of dogs here especially on our hotels road.

Next day was roasting and we went to the market where Ro got some stuff and I got annoyed with the women trying to rip me off for shoes. It was our 3 yr anniversary today and we went to Ninas restaurant for tea. It was also Valentines day so the restaurant was decorated for the occasion. We were the only people in there at first so was nice and we got a bottle of wine for £3. Food was top notch and we had dessert to really treat ourselves.
Next morning was another scorcher and we walked to the Citadel on the other side of the river and seen the forbidden city and old palace etc. We fed some goldfish that had been on steroids and stopped off at the supermarket on the way home for supplies for our "balcony party". This involved lipton ice tea, 7up, m&ms and a few hours of Gin Rummy. Woooooo!
Next morning was the end of the good weather as it rained for 48hours. Literally it didnt stop raining day and night which prevented us doing anything of note. We had another balcony party and also ate at both restaurants mentioned again because they were really good. We booked our bus ticket to Hanoi which was to be the longest yet at 14hours overnight. We bought matching ponchos to combat the rain and thought we looked pretty reem...

The bus journey was pretty horrid because we couldnt sleep but atleast we had allocated seats this time and could atleast get comfy. It was freezing aswell as were going more and more North through Vietnam. We arrived in Hanoi early morning and it felt even colder as we didnt know which way the hotel was. After a few minutes of discussion and map reading we set off on our way and this time the walk was actually only 10mins


Additional photos below
Photos: 66, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Empty PlatesEmpty Plates
Empty Plates

A good sign


Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb