racing through hue in 5 hours


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
February 22nd 2005
Published: February 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

(part two, feb 22nd)

so after seeing my mother's mother's family temple we had a few hours to explore hue. yes i know..only a few? no perfume river boat ride? totally american style...rush in take pictures, rush out. we had a train at 4.45p to catch out of hue to hanoi. the original option was a 22 hour bus ride! no way in he--! i was heading for a plane but realized that i should stay with mom...and besides....this train ride had a sleeping car...only 12 hours...but all sleeping. i stayed. it all worked out.

but not before we raced to the citadel. got dressed in costumes that you can rent from them....my uncle was the emporer, aunt the queen, my mom + i were princesses ofcourse. i'll share those pictures another time. then off to the Khai Dinh Mausoleum. then finally to the central market for lunch!

after a visit through the market...now i understand where the dollar stores got the ideas. people crowded under a warehouse like costco...stacking their dollar products sky high next to each other selling EVERYTHING from plastic toys to dried octopus to chopsticks in bulk to flowers and fruit to electronic mosquito zappers to raw meats and hunks of dried blood. ugh! lunch was $2 for all of us...but i would advise to bring your own utensils...or skip it all together when it comes to dining. i was so in the local scene! and i survived!!

---
website: http://www.terragalleria.com/vietnam/vietnam.hue.html


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0206s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb