Hue - ancient walled citadel


Advertisement
Published: May 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

had an overnight stay in hue (prounounced howeee...with a smile at the end). Wandered around the citadel and have included a couple of photos from there. The photo's are actually of a citadel within a citadel....and there is actually another citadel within that, not bad for a pretty small place you can get round in an afternoon! Took an overnight train to get there and having travelled India in what they consider a same class train vietnam is luxury! Now in Hoi An and kath its as lovely as you said, will do full exploring tomorrow and update you guys soon (still on a 3 square meal diet a day and now starting on the french patiseries that the vietnamise are historically famous for - yum yum).

Observations: bite count for jacky 5 at the moment with a strange rash on neck.

Note from Jon: Stopped Jacky from buying a lovely looking winter coat today as we are near 40 degrees heat and 3 months from home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Jacky after a hard days walkingJacky after a hard days walking
Jacky after a hard days walking

A break outside the inner citadel


12th May 2008

master of disaster
Dudes , you made it , we all think of you whenever we hear of a natural disaster in S.E asia . first the cyclone and now the earthquake in southern china , what next !!! we are keeping a count on how long it takes both of you to tan .... so keep the picies coming have fun
12th May 2008

Not at all jealous!
My heart bleeds for you, roughing it in all those patisseries. You'll have to stop biting Jackie, or she may start biting back! Could you bring one of those citadel gates home with you? It would look great in my garden...

Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb