Mixing with the locals in central vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
November 4th 2006
Published: November 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Chris with the local talentChris with the local talentChris with the local talent

he obviously prefers the older woman!!
Hello all,

Both keeping well and still really enjoying Vietnam (a few insect bites and mild dodgy tummy) but nothing to worry about.

We flew from the North to Danang yesterday and went straight to Marble Mountain. We both climbed the mountain (not quite as strenuous as that might sound!) but still hard work in this heat.

Took a bus ride to Hoi an and took a tour round the old town - very quaint small vietnamese town on a river. Thought this place was great and would have liked to have spent more time there. Saw yet another market (getting a bit marketed out now!) and more temples. Met lots of the locals and saw how they live, drank tea with a local family in their house.

On the long bus journey to Hue, we stopped off at China beach, the place where the US soldiers used to go for R&R during the war. Nice beach, but didn't have time to stop to explore further. When we arrived at Hue, checked into very nice hotel on the famous Perfume River (although we didn't think it smelt of anything other than river). Having had local cuisine for the last week or so, we managed to find a restaurant that served western food (there's only so much noodle and rice you can eat for every meal!) The next day's agenda was a boat trip up the river, stopping at various sites along the way.

Flying again tomorrow morning down to Ho Chi Minh city (previously called Saigon). will update soon. J & C 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

At the river in Hoi AnAt the river in Hoi An
At the river in Hoi An

from the restaurant where we stopped for lunch - the best restaurant and food so far.


6th November 2006

very jealous
Hello to you both sounds like you are having a great. you both look very relaxed. the weather sounds great not like here bloody freezing cold. we r fine thank you i am sprouting nicely. take care xxxxxx

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0191s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb