Mekong River Delta Boat Tour


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta
January 27th 2014
Published: January 27th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Mekong Delta area is an awesome part òf the world. We had the privilege òf touring it via luxury boat with our own crew, customized shore tours and ridiculously fine dining on board.

Started with a "speed boat"ride to Chau Doc, just inside Vietnam. We were rickshawed to our hotel. Had some time for a short walk around town and, of course, another great soup and hot pot dinner.

A drive the next morning to Can Tho, the biggest city in the delta (+1 million). Visit a very busy floating market specializing in wholesale fruits and vegetables. Cool.

Then we are delivered to our big deluxe boat, home for the next two wonderful days. First night we shared it with a nice Argentine family. Second day and night we were the quếens of the boat -- and it was good!. The boat itself was really neat -- a wooden, kind of pimped-up junk boat style. Nice cabins (we got our ơwn), lots of deck space for viewing and relaxing, dining area etc. And of course the river and delta area offer non-stop viewing opportunities -- of natural beauty, incredibly lúsh vegetation, and people -- lots of people -- living a simple, rural, happy, communal life. That's what it looks like from the perspective of the queens on the boat in any case.

The best part was the offshore tours. We cycled and walked at a few different spots -- rural and urban -- to give a sense òf the daily life. Rice fields and commercial flower gardens (amazing quality and quantity òf flowers for the upcoming lunar new year), market gardens and sellers, a couple òf private houses, small scale brick factory, rice paper and cancy making, a couple of pagoda's, etc. And busy markets -- big, small, floating or otherwise.

Mekong Delta is great. Highly bucket líst worthy.

Advertisement



28th January 2014

Sounds so amazing! Thanks for sharing your adventure with an arm chair traveller! Pat?

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0198s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb