Paradise Found On Phu Quoc Island


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Kien Giang » Phu Quoc Island
December 2nd 2007
Published: January 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Boarding the tiniest plane, Martyn and I looked forward to spending some some quality beach time in the sunshine. The hotel we had booked also looked awesome from the pics we saw on the net.... La Veranda was supposed to be a french style colonial hotel on the beach. An hour later we landed on the beautiful Island of Phu Quoc, a rep from the hotel met us and another couple at the airport, and we were soon on our way to the hotel. The ride there was very bumpy, there seems to be only so much new road before it turns to a red dusty dirt track. Coming into the hotel we saw it in all it's splendor, the sun lit up it's gardens and the backdrop of the beach made it a superb destination to relax.
We spent most of our time relaxing on the beach and eating tasty banana pancakes at Eden. We hired a moped for a day and explored the Island, this was a really fun way of getting around and having a bit of an adventure. We stopped off at a beautiful beach for some lunch and a rest from the dirt tracks.
On the whole, we loved Phu Quoc, friendly people, fresh seafood, great hotel, beautiful scenery... We will certainly go back there again.
If anyone is planning a trip there, there is a new hotel that has just opened called Charm, it is very stylish, not on the beach but still superb.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0204s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb