Easy Riders


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
May 19th 2005
Published: May 20th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Last night we decided to spend lots of money and go to a fancy restaurant, just because it sounded like fun. The place was called Cafe de la Poste, and was quite pretty looking. They had a set menu, where you could choose from 3 appetizers, 3 main courses, and 3 deserts. I had Prawns and Leek in Lobster sauce, Stewed Duck, and Strawberries and Cream. Quite good. However we had to take a taxi to the restaurant and when we told the receptionist at our Guest House where we were going she turned her nose up at us and made us pay her to call a taxi. It all turned out alright though, and we had our tour of the city to look forward to the next day.

We had to be up at 9:00 to meet our tour guides, so we got out of our room by 8:30 so we could stop by the local bakery for something to eat. But low and behold, our guides were already there, they were happy to take us to the bakery though. The tour of Da Lat was intersting enough. However just touring the windy streets, and mountainous roads on the back of the motorbike overshadowed any of the sights we saw. And those sights were, in order: Chicken Village, some waterfall, a Buddist Monastary, a gondola throught the woods, Crazy House, and some palace. The two notable sights were Chicken Village and Crazy House. Chicken Village was some minority village with a giant concrete chicken in the center of it, or kind of in the center of it. The villagers were really trying to sell embroidered goods. Table cloths, scarves, etc. Too bad they were all ugly though. The other cool sight was Crazy House. It's basically a really crazily designed house, that is actually still under construction. They started building it in 1990, and it should be finished by 2010. It's really hard to explain, but I guess the architecture is kind of like the architecture you see at theme parks. Organic, smooth curves, all very weird. It's hard to explain, so I won't try, I'll just put up pictures, but not now, cause I forgot my camera cable. That about sums up our trip to Da Lat, tomorrow we're heading to the beach city of Nha Trang, we plan on doing some SCUBA diving while we're there.

Advertisement



20th May 2006

Vietnam
Hi, I just finished an Easy Ride through Vietnam and it was great - they've even got a website now - www.easyridersvietnam.com'

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb