DaLat


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
November 19th 2011
Published: November 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Da Lat was just in from the coast by Mue Ne and was a small province with a small amount of sights to see. We ended up getting a tour of the city and visited coffee, flower, silk & cricket factories, which were all interesting in their own weird way.

The coffee & flower ones were basic but I found the silk & cricket more interesting. The cricket farm showed us why, how etc they keep & breed crickets and at what age/size they send them off for food into towns near by. Obviously at the end of the tour we were given a plate to try, with chilli sauce....ofcourse! I had a couple, just tasted like burst bit of chicken or dog or something?!

Dalat didn't have much of a night life but nice restaurants instead. We made the most of it by having a really tasty mexican hich started with salad & nachos which were both brilliant. Do not have coffee here, they do not understand what a latte is, even though they may be nodding. All of the traditional vietnamese coffees taste like they have 10 suars in, atleast.

After fod and a rubbish coffee we walked back to ours, its a bit of a crazy place at night as there are hundreds of local kids on bikes shooting around on peds all staring so if you were just with ur mrs or something u'd feel a little awkward! All in all a nice place, but very chilly at night. We met another couple on the city tour and ate out with them on the 2nd night. Ended up in this tiny dark bar which was a bar/someones actual house which I found strange at first but warmed to soon after speaking with the owner. He had never been beaten at pool in his bar, I got him on the black....then lost when he hit an unbelievable final shot! Well played sir. We left in good spirits after crying a little by signing his book, a bar to be remembered.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb