Day 42 Monday June 15, 2009


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
June 15th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 42 Monday June 15, 2009

Rented the motorbike again and had breakfast at the Tuong Vy Cafe, very good. Great food, but no menus in english. We were lucky enough to find a waitress that knew some english and we were able to order. We went back to Vietnam Airlines to try for like the 3rd time to change our tickets to go to Cambodia to a different day. We bought a series of tickets to take us from one country to the next and part of the special package was that we could change the dates up to 24 hours in advance with no charges. We started last Thursday by calling them on the cell phone during our 6 hour bus ride and Thai Airlines said they couldn't help us even though we booked the tickets through them because this leg of the flight was through Vietnam Airlines and that we would have to contact them. So we did and they said they couldn't help us because it was booked through Thai Airlines, so we called them back and went back and forth and continued to run up our cell phone bill. We thought we would have better luck at the Vietnam Airways office when we came yesterday but they said they couldn't help us and to come back tomorrow (which is why we are here again today). No luck so we decided to bag it and go to the Thai Airways office when we got to Saigon. We played golf at the Dalat Palace Golf Club at 10am. It was really fun. The greens fee (everything golf related is too expensive here) included two female caddies who were very friendly and gave up tips while playing. I need them to come home with me and help me with my game more often. Camden scored a 50 and I scored a crappy 65, but my short game was awesome if I do say so myself =) We decided to forgo the last part of our bus trip and instead took a 30 minute flight from Dalat to Saigon for $45 versus a hot and sweaty 6 hour bus ride (if it arrived on time). Once in Saigon we ended up staying at the "Orient Hotel" for $20/night. Rooms are more expensive than the guidebook listed, but at least place, if a little shabby, included free breakfast and free wifi. We had dinner at a really cool 3 story bar/restaurant called Allez Boo Bar and had some wonderful fish and rice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb