Day 41 Sunday June 14, 2009


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Central Highlands » Lam Dong » Da Lat
June 14th 2009
Published: June 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 41 Sunday June 14, 2009

Had breakfast at the fake "Peace Cafe"(64 Truong Cong Dinh). Very good food. Rented a nice motorbike from our hotel for $5 for the day and went around the town to do some sight seeing. Our 1st stop was the Lake of Sighs (and park) to ride horses around the lake (not nearly as romantic as it sounds, it ended up being a pony ride around the park). 2nd stop Datanla Falls to take a roller coaster ride downhill to the base of the falls. We had way more fun than adults should have on this thing=) 3rd stopped for lunch at the real Peace Cafe owned by Tu Anh (57 Truong Cong Dinh). Apparently she rented the building at the other address for her restaurant and when she moved her business to this address, the other people kept the name of her restaurant. The fish and rice was awesome. 4th stop Cam Ly Falls and park. We saw some Vietnamese cowboys trying to sell the same pony rides we did, saw some statues of jungle animals and what appeared to be a real live Zorse! (A cross between a horse and a zebra). I thought it was painted, but those zebra strips on that animal were real! The waterfall was more like a trickle of rapids down the river. 5th stop was the Crazy House to tour the "Ă„lice in Wonderland" like architecture. Apparently you can rent one of the crazy themed rooms for an unreasonalbly high price. Afterwards, we went to mass 6pm at the Dalat Cathedral and we were blown away by the amazing voices of the all male choir. I mean wow! The mass was in Vietnamese so we didn't understand much, but the music was a spiritual movement in itself. Dinner was the back to the Peace CAfe (the real one) because lunch there was just so darn good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb