Day 17 - Last full day in Bangkok and loved it


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
October 25th 2015
Published: October 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we were off to see Bangkoks history and there was a lot to do. Our main means of transportation was riverboat.

We took the hotel ferry up so far and then jumped on the tourist ferry where it allowed us to get on and off at 9 different stops.

Our first stop was Wat Pho (reclining buddha) from there we went across the river to Wat Arun (temple of dawn). We then headed back to the other side where we we nt to the Grand Palace and Wat Prairie Kraw. The palace was for no lack of a better word Grand. We then walked to Wat Saket (Golden mount) for a beautiful view of the landscape. We then grabbed the ferry and headed back down the river to the flower market where we got off and had lunch at KFC believe it or not. We then decided to walk down towards Chinatown and the Golden buddha. We finally took a tuk tuk and only got to look at the outside as the temple was closed. This Buddha is the largest buddha.

We then went back to the hotel for a quick refreshing swim in the pool and then off to Asiatique for a show called Calypso which was interesting and then back home to pack after an already long day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



26th October 2015

Such intricate and detailed architecture. You guys have been non stop...it's amazing! Safe trip home.

Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.052s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb