The final trek


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
May 13th 2005
Published: May 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The last nice day!The last nice day!The last nice day!

Our first day at Reiley Beach.....soakin in the rays.
Hello again,

It has been a while now since we wrote anything again, but that is mainly due to the fact that there has not been much to say. We have had the absolute worst weather possible here.......monsoon conditions. Apparently we should have scheduled the beach part of our trip at the start since it rained all but 2 days when we were at the beach. Murphy's Law I guess????

I think the last thing we talked about was our stay at Koh Phi Phi..........and then we ended up at West Railey in Krabi. The place we stayed at was great and thank god we had HBO or there really wouldn't have been anything to do. We did manage to get in a kayaking trip through the Mangrove forest and saw some monkeys that were feeding right out of our hands. The home base for the kayaking tour was across a large bay and we got about half way across it when the 7 day long monsoon started. We did all that we could to just get on shore, let alone getting even close to where we were supposed to be. Pretty scary......but us backwoods Canadians could handle it.
6 days at Reiley Beach in this!!!!!!!6 days at Reiley Beach in this!!!!!!!6 days at Reiley Beach in this!!!!!!!

Just like back home.....when it needs to be nice out.....it won't be.


After our time in Railey (6 nights), we went to Ao Nang which was just around the corner from Railey, but a bit busier. Again, we got a great room for around $20Cdn.....everything is so cheap. Spent most of our time walking around checking things out and buying some merchandise. We did have time to check out a King Cobra snake show. It was not very busy, in fact, it was just Serena and I. That made it really good though as the guide allowed us to become involved more with the show. (See pics).

So, we are now in the Krabi airport waiting for our flight to Bangkok. The trip is ending and aside from the bad case of bad weather, it has been a blast. As long as Serena does not spend all of our money on handbags in Bangkok, we'll see you all soon!

T & S


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Brave Canadians.....one of us anyways.Brave Canadians.....one of us anyways.
Brave Canadians.....one of us anyways.

And then after this, I got in the ring and wrestled with this guy. Serena was sitting on the top row taking photos.


Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb