Thailand's Government. World History Class B4. Travel Blog Assigment #4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Thailand, unlike the United States, is ruled by a king. In other worlds, Thailand's government consists of a constitutional monarchy. According to an online source, Thailand's king is His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX). To my understanding, I thought that Kings held all power; however, Thai King serves as Head of State and spiritual leader of the country, but holds no political authority. Thai King holds enormous power and respect. In addition, King Bhumibol, or Thai King, is a symbol of national identity and unity. Many respect Thai King because he preaches Thais to learn to resolve their differences in a reasonable way for the good of their country. To show great respect to King Bhumibol, people are required to stand in respect to the King during ceremonious filming stop walking and stand during the playing of the national anthem at 8 am and 6 pm. Thailand also has a trend to pay respect to the king by wearing a yellow shirt on Mondays since the 60th anniversary of the king’s reign in 2006.

After learning about Thailand's government, I can conclude that a variety of people may not always be in favor of Thailand's choice of government. It is safe to conclude this because Thai King demands power and respect; whereas, our government earns and gains power and respect. It is fascinating how Thai King holds no political power, instead, Thai King serves as Head of the State and spiritual leader. I believe this is because in a monarchy, a high power, such as king or queen, is inherited; therefore, that person who inherits that high position may not have the political knowledge to make wise and beneficial political decisions.

Online Source: http://www.tourismthailand.org/Thailand/politics

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb