Blog #19


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 3rd 2013
Published: April 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Mattel is a mass producer of Barbies, and is also the cause of many different illnesses. Chemicals used to produce barbies and there clothing are a cause for different lung, and liver cancers, hair loss, and many other illnesses. Multinational corporations subcontract their business in order to keep sweat shop work out of their hands. By allowing another company to produce parts of Barbies in sweatshops, Mattel is able to say that their barbies are ASSEMBLED, in a safe, fair, shop. Also, if Mattel wanted to open a factory entirely on their own, they would have to follow strict US regulations and federal law allowing only certain work to be done.

In under-developed nations such as Thailand, it is so easy to open sweatshops because they better the nations economy. These shops bring in many workers, and the companies provide the nation with capital for having their company on their land. These 3rd world countries can pay lower wages, keeping more wealth in the nation, and in the company who is providing the jobs. Additionally, by 3rd world countries allowing companies to pay lower wages for work, more companies will want to open shops in that nation, as they know they can get away with paying less for more work.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0512s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb