4 nights in Bangkok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 9th 2012
Published: December 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Bangkok greets us with its usual brash hair dryer breath as we step out of the airport. It is never less than 30C when you arrive here! The fans on the sidewalk keep the smoke shifting around. But it is quiet tonight and no queue for taxis. Sunday night is a good time to arrive.

Our taxi has so much good luck suspended from its rear view mirror that you can hardly see the extensive altar to good luck mounted on the dashboard. It works and we have our quietest ever entrance into the city - no notorius Bangkok jam today.

The luck has rubbed off on us as we check into the Eastin Grand and we are given a free upgrade to the business level on the 32nd floor. What an awesome view!! And the pool just below on the 14th floor..... This is why Andrew chose the place, never mind the half price special deal. check it out at http://www.eastingrandsathorn.com/default-en.html. Did I mention the pool?

Great place to start our holiday and home for the next 4 days. it gets rougher after this, but for tonight we will be happy with massive fluffy white towels, crisp white sheets, ac that really works, and the anticipation of running on a treadmill in the sky tomorrow morning before breakfast. This makes the 8 hour layover in Qatar airport transit lounge worth every aching and smelly minute.

Sleep tight weary Pantoffel.

Advertisement



13th December 2012

Pool...
How awesome is that pool!!! In fact: the whole hotel looks amazing.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb