PAI


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 1st 2011
Published: July 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 – 1 July

Once again, we are mesmerized by our hosts Run and Orn and our slice of heaven accommodation. Undoubtedly one of the most unique experiences we have ever had. So picturesque and the attention to detail is just so overwhelming. It’s so hard leaving this place to venture out and explore, but we do anyway.

This time, we pushed on to the WWII bridge, before leaving our run too late again – our sleep in’s mean that we have to take on the monsoon mid day storm that seems to occur daily! We buttoned up the ponchos and rode onto the Pai Canyon where we took shelter for 45 minutes talking War stories whilst awaiting the rains to subside.

We then headed into town for a lunch at Anido’s pizza parlour of all places!! A snack of takeaway BBQ Chicken and BBQ pig’s intestine was also on the cards. I convinced Brent into sampling but he soon found that he could taste the Ecoli and was not impressed! – I must admit – I have to agree!

In the evening – Brent, Scott & I headed to town and checked out the village with a bit of shopping and street food eating. We had awesome Pad Se Ew and noodle soup followed by a rum & raison waffle cone for 50baht. Brent got his usual Roti banana pancake and then conned me into halvies with the ice-cream too!



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb