Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 27th 2010
Published: July 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So we leave on the 27th from London to Bangkok because it was all so last minute the only flights i could afford were with Uzbekistan Airways.. I've never heard of Uzbekistan before or was even aware that they have an airline!




I've had a look at the fleet and for the euro flights they seem to have fairly new aircraft and a really good safety record so am very confident things should be OK, My partner is terrified of flying though so think we'll probably get rather pissed on the whole flight



The airport we change at is Tashkent. Uzbekistan shares a land border with Afghanistan all very exciting and according to some other bloggers the staff are very happy to demand bribes off you, so am taking a little bit of American currency with me as that seems to be the accepted form of bribery!

Tomorrow i go for my shots having never been so far abroad i need to get the whole barn of em, Diphtheria, Yellow Fever, Typhoid. Tetanus, Polio. So am pretty sure my arm is gonna swell up to twice its normal size!!!

Booked for 2 nights in Bangkok and then we're thinking of making our way by train to Surat Thani and using that as a jumping off point to some different islands.. But its supposed to be an adventure so nothings booked and we could end up doing something completely different!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb