The Incomparable Andaman Sea


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is the last entry for our 2010 Thailand trip. If you want to start at the beginning, scroll to : *Start here: Back to Bangkok" and click {view full entry}

Leaving Thailand does not get any easier with practice!

We determined to enjoy the last few days at our resort, and spent the time wandering through the acres and acres of manicured gardens, swimming in the different pools and in general being spoiled to death by the staff who bring you towels, drinks, fruit, even cold towelettes. We had invited Pooh and his family to come on Saturday, the day before we had to head back home.

It turned out to be one of most memorable days, starting out with the marketing! This is not Walmart, Costco or Safeway, not even close! It is lively, social, fun and entertaining, not just buying food. If you look at the photos, they do this several times a week at several locations and they love it! It's part of their life.

Pooh and his wife KwanG and their baby, Belle, have a relative who lives with them and takes care of the baby, (the lady in green) and she
is an outstanding cook and shopper. She did all the purchasing at the market, fish, chicken, all kinds of roots and spices that I couldn't begin to name, and a huge pile of shredded coconut. I couldn't imagine what she was going to do with that, but she actually added a bit of water and squeezed it over and over using her hands and a strainer into fresh coconut milk for the soup. She showed me so many things that day about Thai style cooking. It is done with a LOT of LOVE! The two girls, Mieux and Wan, helped her with everything. Together, they created the amazing meal we all enjoyed together.

They all spent the night in our suite, as it was plenty large, with two king sized beds in the guest room and a very large, luxurious second bathroom as well. The girls stayed on a sofa in the living room that made into a bed. This is very normal for Thai people to stay over. They are very close with family and friends. So charming. We could learn a lot from them.

The next morning we snacked on the chocolate croissants from the Siam deli and some fresh fruit from the market, then got ready to go to the airport. I can't believe how quickly they packed everything up and got us to the airport right on time.

Hope you enjoy the photos. I will keep this short, as the photos say more than I ever could explain.

And thank you SO much to my friends Sandi, Barb, Peter and Eileen, who kept our dog Tika for us. We could not have made this trip without all of your help. You are the best.

And especially, thank you GOD, for making such a wonderful, exciting, fun, enjoyable world and for keeping us safe the whole time.

How do you say goodbye to all of this?

With a LOT of tears!





Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Ginja Taste Ginja Taste
Ginja Taste

One of more than a dozen restaurants at the resort.
Sit on meSit on me
Sit on me

Hard to resist these sofas, lounges, chairs and beds, and they are EVERYWHERE.
Fresh meatFresh meat
Fresh meat

Would you like flies with that?
Fresh FishFresh Fish
Fresh Fish

Still wiggling, trust me. I have movies!
Dane at marketDane at market
Dane at market

Yes, must sample FOOD.
RomanceRomance
Romance

Thank you so much, honey, I loved our trip and I love you.


15th November 2014

Wishing we all could be so lucky
That looks like a dream vacation. Thanks for sharing the photos. Maybe someday...

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb