A gay start


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
June 14th 2010
Published: May 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to the first travel blog entry... and for those wondering about the title: Five grown boys, Thailand, and booze proves to be the secret recipe for gay jokes. My adventures started with a few friends from home, though all have returned as I write... I hope this serves me as a reminder of all my adventures and a little bit of news of what I have been up to for family and friends.

Songkran in Bangkok


Songkran is traditionally a week long, boozed up, water fighting, clay-smearing new year festival where most Thai people shut up shop and show the world how to party. This year, Australia sent in four "special people" forces. Water guns, cash in plastic bags and tuk tuk in hand we went to the streets and represented home as best we could. Final tally: Australia 4, Thailand: 20 Million.

Red shirt protests? Yep, the trouble continued through our visit, however we felt safe at all times. We did go and visit the site of a clash between the protesters and the military. Tanks were pulled apart by the bare hands of the protesters and sadly many people died in the violence. I think travellers are safe to travel to Bangkok, just don't join the protests and it's all safe.


Beach life in Phi Phi


Following our retreat from Bangkok, we were reinforced and reinvigorated when Kev joined us. While most of us tried for a little color, Richard won the week with bright red. The highlight was somewhere between; doing nothing all day, diving, or Simons championship Muay Thai victory with an ex us-marine 20kg heavier than him. I'll try and find the video...

.... next Cambodia


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



2nd May 2010

ONYA MATE!
Hey Dave, looks like you are having the time of your life!!!! Looking forward to reading the updates :-). Don't forget to keep up the training :-). Maurice
2nd May 2010

Lone Dave
Looks like your enjoying yourself.... I'm jealous - working here on a public holiday while your galivanting the countryside!!! Be safe - love the photos
3rd May 2010

Live the dream dude
Live the dream!!!
10th May 2010

GO HARD Lads!!
OK Dave - Thailand was just the warm-up. When does the real game start?
14th May 2010

heyy david it looks soo cool!enjoy your trip can't wait to go to asia aswell and the songkran festival is awesome i was there aswell with that festival but 5 years ago! big kiss corinda in ozzie
15th May 2010

i miss you uncle dave
I love u. And I hope you are having a GREAT time. Love Lily.

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb