Thailand....it's good to be somewhere familiar


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 7th 2009
Published: January 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,

Well we arrived in Bangkok and we're really happy to be somewhere familiar. Although we hadn't been here in almost 3 years, we made our way around town like old pros. Our visit to Bangkok was going to be short and sweet but we had to hit up Khao San Road for some Chang's and people watching as well as MBK shopping mall because I love that place!

Bangkok has changed a bit since last time we were here, there are way more tourists and not just backpackers there are a lot of retired couples & groups cruising around everywhere. Everyone's parents must be going to see what their kids enjoyed so much here. I also had to laugh since the first time I was here I though Bangkok was dirty, polluted and noisy and when we were walking down the street I actual said I can't believe how clean it is here. 9 months of travel through developing countries can change someones perspective pretty quick. Our funny Khao San Road experience this time would have to be the fish foot massage. It was pretty crazy, you sit on the edge of this big pool and while you're having a beer a thousand little fish are sucking and nibbling on your toes, feet and legs. It was awesome, Tyne couldn't stop laughing and I definitely had the dirtiest feet since those little suckers went crazy on me!

After a few days in Bangkok we headed North to Chiang Mai, another familiar city so no problem getting around. We only stayed one night just to visit the huge night market, it turned out to be really good although every piece of artwork we wanted to buy would cost a fortune to ship so we left with nothing 😞

Next morning on a bus to cross into Laos!

Until the next one....


Cheers,

Matt & Tyne


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 26; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb