Trace Back


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 2nd 2009
Published: December 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Ok so its been a while since iv managed to get on the net...not because there is an abundant of internet cafes but because iv been having an absolute blast. So ill try and trace back to what iv seen and done...

I moved on from a places called Sukhumvit to Kaosan Road which is where allthe backpackers go and found a place for about 3 pounds a night, it was just big enough for a bed and a bag and it only had a fan but it was a bed none the less, a shared bathroon with a freezing shower and apart from bugs crawling on me all night it was good and was an experience.

Iv been traveling around now with a couple of really cool guys, Pascal who is from Luxenburg...who has got to be the most crazy but intellegent guy i know, and a guy called Nicolo who is itallian. I was in a bar called gullivers kicking ass at pool and i got to speaking to Nicolo who was meant to be leaving that very morning at 6am. We left the bar and walked down the road and bumped into Pascal who was sitting in a bar and it all went from there...Pascal knows everyone here and knows loads of places people don't and i would never of heard of cos he speaks fluent Thai..We went clubbing and i looked at my watch and it was 6.20! Nicolo had missed his flight home, but he just shrugged it off and we kept partying and i woke up in a different room which was loads better and had air con so it was a bit of a result. It was a room just across the hall from Pascal so i stayed their for a few nights...(Nicolo had to do an 18hour bus ride to cambodia for a visa run so he could stay in Thailand)

So aprat from all the crazyness iv done some real amazing stuff, woke up one morning and went on a little boat that only thai's use from getting to the center on bangkok, it was really good...iv now ween a different side of bangkok, people just jumping off an on the boat at it sailed down the slums. We also went to a beer fetival with live thai music and are own mini taps and talked to everyone around us, great atmosphere. I watched a Muay Thai flight to...well about 6 actually and there was one knock out.

The nights have been different to staying up till 10am with the Thai people sitting crossed legged on the street, playing music and teaching me thai, it was just totally different, Met some really nice people.

So its been something like 2 weeks and it feels like 2 days but iv done sooo much its hard to remember and its all different stuff...stuff you would probably never see, i wake up and go out the door and never know what im going to do or what time or day it is, its great iv never felt that before. But yesterday was the best day so far, it was truely amazing from start to finish i cant' even describe but im sure i will try in my next blog....im in koh samui now, got a flight to surat thani...then took a bus to a peer and got a cargo ferry to koh samui. We needed to get to our place so we chatted to some thai people and they gave us a free ride with about 6 kids crammed in the back, it was so random.

Its just me and pascal here at the moment but we are meeting Nicolo in Koh Phangan for the full moon party tonight. Ill try and get on here again soon.

Advertisement



4th December 2009

Thank You
Just to let you kow Alex we are keeping track of your travels. Sounds like you are having a great time. take Care and Stay safe Mike and Caroline
5th December 2009

hey dude
hi honey oh my god wish we were young again!! take care and enjoy, you sound like your having an amazing time, as it should be! lots of love travel safe xxx

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb