Thailand, Laos and Vietnam


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
July 2nd 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So, we arrived in Bangkok for our 3 week adventure and the bartering begun the moment we stepped out of the arrival gates at the Airport.
It was Hectic, swamped straight away for offers to get a taxi ride but that was cool, because we were there for the experience!

Bangkok was fairly crazy, but nothing compared to Vietnam. From Bangkok we went on a 2hr drive to the Tiger Temple, took some amazing photos with the giant creatures and indulged in the tasty food. I got a foot massage, which turned into a "nut crunching" experience and also ripped a hole in the ass of the fisherman pants i was made to wear at one other massage place. Had a Laugh when it happened and its something to remember...the look on the ladies face was HILARIOUS.
From Bangkok we travelled to Chiang Mai...now that place is amazing. Bamboo water rafting and elephant riding and the cheapest food i have ever come accross EVER! Great people there and lots to experience.
Laos was next on the agenda, we stayed in Luang Pra Bang, Vang Vieng and Vientiene...oh and Pak Beng. Pak Beng was probably the worst place i have ever been to, aside from Vietnam. My Parents are from Laos so it was great to see where my parents had grown up in their youths, and gave me more of an appreciation of what i have in Australia.
In Laos there was Tubing in Vang Vieng, relaxing and partying in Luang Pra Bang (if you know where to go) and well....not much in Vientiene either unless you know where to go. I travelled with a tour group so i was well looked after.

Along the way, my best mate and I enjoyed many massages...all under $10 per massage, many meals, all for less than $8 and ofcourse the drinking....wow, that was only $3 for a long neck of beer!
I had the greatest time on my first ever trip overseas and plan to head back next year my a new adventure. Thailand and Laos will be a must. But you must be carefull of all the lady boys....they like to have a feel. Especially when gettin a massage.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb