KhaoSan Shopping Rules!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
April 30th 2009
Published: May 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Unfortunately just as we were leaving Kanchanaburi Tel (or sick note as I will now refer to him now) got a sore throat so started yet another course of anti biotics and had a pretty rough minibus trip to Bangkok. We arrived in Bangkok in the afternoon heat and proceeded to find somewhere to sleep. As you all know I have something of a penchant for hotels and it’s only just occurred to me that we have the best excuse to get to poke around and look at loads of hotels, it’s pretty gruelling with the worlds largest bags but fun nonetheless! We decided on a sweet hotel with a bizarre semi open air bathroom that overlooked one of the busiest road in Bangkok! Odd! We stuck to Khao San Road mainly and the shopping was pretty impressive. With an already overfull bag I decided I couldn’t really buy much but then remembered all of the upcoming birthdays at home so set about filling a UPS crate back to George street quicker than you could blink! Tel rallied pretty well and managed to keep up with the very fast buying pace I assumed! We decided that as we are coming back to Bangkok a few times in the next few months and that we didn’t have to wait around and get our Vietnam visa we booked a night sleeper up to chiang mai. We had a lovely Sunday morning breakfast, caught up on emails and waved goodbye to the parcel then got a tuk tuk to the train station. Our train left at 7.30pm and was due to arrive in chiang mai at 11am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A lovely sunday morning in bangkokA lovely sunday morning in bangkok
A lovely sunday morning in bangkok

even with the news of the world on tinternet!!


Tot: 0.043s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb