happy thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 3rd 2009
Published: March 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This morning, after sleeping in to a reasonable hour of 11am, we met Rohan and Jodie at Kata Beach Bus Terminal. Hat (Thai word for beach) Kata is the southern-most beach in Phuket, with Hat Karon about 10 minutes north and Hat Patong a further 10 minutes north. Hat Patong is the most popular beach in Phuket, and here you will find the infamous ping-pong shows, go-go shows, and generally an assortment of foreigners who drink themselves silly. After a day of shopping and bargaining in the equally infamous street bazaars, and sunbaking on the beach, the four of us turned a quiet night into a wild night out, Patong style.

We started at an 'Irish' pub which served 50Baht beers (about $2.25), followed by dinner at a Thai restaurant which sold 3L of draught beer for 199Baht. Across the road from the restaurant we played the longest game of pool in recorded history. I don't think the 4 of us are allowed to play pool together again...

Bangla Road was our next stop, which is the busiest strip for nightlife and literally everywhere you turn there are bars, lady-boys, go-go girls, drinking and more drinking. Surprisingly, the unfriendliness and violence one would expect from such a large dise of foreigners mixed with a heavy concoction of binge drinking is relatively unseen. We stopped at a few bars including the Aussie Bar, where we patriotically sung (read: screamed in a drunken manner) Holy Grail. Chang Beers, cocktails, more Chang Beers....by the end of the night we somehow ended up in a ping-pong show where we were all simultaneously disgusted and entranced by the objects coming out of the woman's you-know-what. Ping pong balls, goldfish (4!!) and a small bird.

After this last trick I think we had all seen quite enough and were ready to head home and call it a night. Aaron didn't do so well though and he projectile vomitted out of our tuk-tuk. Lovely!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



4th March 2009

LOL @ sinigng Holy Grail! That's awesome. Eww @ ping pong show and aaron projectile vomiting! love the photo with Ronald McDonald!
9th March 2009

Ahahaha i love the Asian-looking Ronald. Looks like you have had an awesome time already!
9th March 2009

Hello my sexy men....thankyou for blogging its so noice to know wat ur up to!!! U both look well! Kudos to the large v,j-j spaced thai lady....ew! and kudos to Aarons amazing projectile vomit as the aussie chant goes "here's to Aaron he's trur blue..." =) I LOVED the muriels wedding qoute! Glad to hear all sounds sooo lovely! Say hi to the lady-boy's for me!!! Miss and love you both sooooo much!!! Love Elise xXx

Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb