Thailand


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 21st 2008
Saved: November 5th 2020
Edit Blog Post

So I left the Philippines at 6pm on wednesday evening, and 3 airplanes and 1 night in hong kong airport later, arrived in Koh Samui! Shannon and Jaclyn picked me up at the airport, and it was amazing!! I was so happy to see them both!! Airport reunions are the best, especially after 24 hours of traveling, and when you're going to thailand.

I am so happy that i decided to come to thailand. It's so amazing here, and i've only been here 3 days. Right now we are on the island of Koh Samui, and it's a huge change from what i've been doing for the past 7 weeks. It is quite touristy; lots of resorts, tons of restaurants, and even families strolling up and down the beach. From what shannon and Jaclyn say, this is quite rare, they have never seen so many families on their whole trip. I've been having so much fun tho. It's wonderful to have 'nothing' that you 'have' to do during your days. We've been just lying on the beach, strolling through town doing a bit of shopping (which is amazing here!!) and just enjoying ourselves. Today i got an hour massage right on the beach with the actual waves sound relaxing me, for about $8. I could live like this forever. My second night here we went out to the bars and had the best night. We went dancing at this huge club and had so much fun, we didn't make it home till after the sun came up. Didn't do a whole lot the next day, lounged on the beach and ate mcdonalds fries... yum.

Another thing that is amazing is the FOOD!! I've eaten real thai food every day that i have been here, and i love it. It's also the cheapest thing on the menu most times, which works out really well. I love thai food, and it was one of the reasons i was was excited to come to thailand, and it has not disappointed! I may have to waddle to new zealand, but it will be worth it. The shopping here is also so dangerous. So much amazing stuff, and for so cheap. I bought a new pair of sunglasses for $8, which i love, and there are people wandering up and down the beach selling everything from dresses to cool anklets to these weird braided hair hat things... but it's pretty sweet.

Tomorrow we are moving on to Koh Phi Phi, and we are super excited about it. It's suppossedly the most amazing place with epic beaches. We will be there for a week, and it sounds like a fantastic place to spend christmas. I can't wait to see more of the country, especially cause this place sounds so great. Everything here is wonderful, and i'm having a fantastic time.

Love you, and Merry Christmas!
xoxo

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb