living off pad thai goes straight to tha thigh!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
December 12th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

welcome to our bungalow!welcome to our bungalow!welcome to our bungalow!

this was our nicest hut (koh lanta), but they were all pretty damn cute.
has yet another wonderful and adventurous month and a half flown by? guess so, and as a result, here are some general examples of our life in THAILAND - however, we sent home most of our burned photo cds, soooo... yah, we apologize for our most boring blog yet. no pity comments, we know this one sucks - but enjoy the small glimpse into our lives!

xoxo S & J

p.s. our best purchase yet: a splitter cable for our ipods. we cannot even count how many hours were spent on the road... but being able to share our tunes made these crazy rides much more sane! never go traveling w/out music!


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

going home after school...going home after school...
going home after school...

is america a pussy country? she drives better than us! three passengers with four book bags!?
this is just HALF of the usual explotion... really thoughthis is just HALF of the usual explotion... really though
this is just HALF of the usual explotion... really though

sue alo... you're one patient mother!!
just our luck...just our luck...
just our luck...

how do we end up in places randomly when they happen to always be celebrating some annual festival this or special even that?! we're not complaining...
gotta love the layout of most thai bathrooms...gotta love the layout of most thai bathrooms...
gotta love the layout of most thai bathrooms...

first of all, to flush you use a bucket of water (as stacy's demonstrating above), but worst of all... the toilet is inches from the sink, no tp, the shower wets the whole room and has light brown water that's never hot. after an afternoon spent in the sun by the ocean, we were lucky enough to rinse off in the shower with salt water!! but somehow you do feel cleaner... ironic, huh?
we get excited when we see those standards in actionwe get excited when we see those standards in action
we get excited when we see those standards in action

of course we found this in our favorite outdoor bathroom (the one and only hot water shower in thailand)
too many types to choose from...too many types to choose from...
too many types to choose from...

those thais sure do eat A LOT of rice!
willy wonka's thai snack factorywilly wonka's thai snack factory
willy wonka's thai snack factory

she had perfectly organized, endless amount of bins full of goodies stacked so high jess could not snag a sample. currently she owes the davis co-op lbs of bin "samples"
ummmmummmm
ummmm

looks like in hindsight, "prostitute" was changed to the PLURAL form - sickos!
notice the booze in the telephone booth?notice the booze in the telephone booth?
notice the booze in the telephone booth?

these men loved us (they just don't smile for photos much in thailand)
even thai squirrels can handle the heat...even thai squirrels can handle the heat...
even thai squirrels can handle the heat...

he's going straight in for that spicy rice
our LAST street pad thaiour LAST street pad thai
our LAST street pad thai

Bangkok with Angelo


20th December 2005

dining with the rodents
Please remember squirrels are just rats with fluffly tails. Once again, your photos are fantastic. You guys would have done great back in the 70s when we had the water shortage. Our source of water for doing laundry was pool water. yep. I want you both in my fox hole. You guys are the best at adapting to new situations. Jessie, you get the award for adapting to Stacy's exploding luggage. Love you Stace!! xoxo to you both.

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0189s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb