Southern Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
May 25th 2008
Published: June 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a long day, night and day of travelling (crossing the border into Thailand after a night on the bus), we arrived in Krabi town in Southern Thailand. The town of Krabi was pretty - it had a nice walkway along the water and had the best night market for food. There are stalls and stalls of different foods including fruit and desserts. Most of the time, we'd use the old point and hope for the best and ate some really delicious meals as well as new discoveries: mango, sticky rice & coconut milk or timbit-like almond covered chocolate balls. YUM! The main highlight of this area are it's beautiful islands. To visit them, we did a day boat trip along w/ every other tourist in Thailand. There is a reason that everyone wants to come here though. Out of the sea, giant cliffs emerge seemingly out of nowhere, enclosing blue, blue lagoons and white sand beaches. It's stunning. During the boat trip, we went snorkeling, visited the beach from the movie 'The Beach' (a HUGE tourist attraction!) and multiple other beaches on the island of Koh Phi Phi and on smaller islands. By the end of the day I was sunned and sanded out! I wished I had stayed a day longer since I found out later that there is really great sea kayaking and rock climbing. Argh. Ah well - I will find somewhere else to do it! Next we're off to the backpacker's haven of Southern Thailand - the island of Koh Pha Ngan for the half-moon party 😊 Should be interesting!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb