Phi Phi - Home of the famous Leo Di Caprio film "The Beach"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
March 29th 2008
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After more travelling from Kraby by a big ass boat! which Nick Jonny and I spralled out on the top Tanning deck taking in the sun sea and views!
Once we arrived at Phi Phi we decided to treat our selves seeing as it was that last day we would be with the lees bro's befor they left us to visite their folkes. so we checked into a nice hotel with AIR CON (Bliss in that heat) and also hired a big seed boat to our selves to explore all the islands and walk on the famous Beach where Leo Di Caprio played the role on The beach!
1st of al we took the boat to a cliff jumping spot where we all jumped from a height of 13m. once at the top there was no safety procedures the Thai man in the boat just told us 2 jump.was so much fun!!!

We then travelled around Maya Bay and did some snorkelling in crystal clear waters. Seeing as were all Open Water Scuba Divers Now, we thought this was a bit turd but loads of fish of all colours started surrounding us which made it pretty cool!!

We were told secretly snorkelling to the famous "Beach" would mean we wouldnt have to pay 200 Baht to get on.safe... The beach was beautiful and the scenery was gorjous, however with the amount of tourists all over the place with litter every where kind of made it look a bit diff to the film.

We arrived at monkey beach. The name kind of says it all for you. There were no tourists there because the monkeys can get pretty hyper!. They were wrong! when we spotted them on the cliffs from the boat, I made the 1st move to get in the water and go and play with them; shortly after the guys followed and we had fun having tug-a-war fights with sticks with them. god they were strong lol.

We ended the day by driving the boat to the middle of the ocean, turning the engine of and just talking whilst watching the sunset! Breath taking!

So the GYC were to break up for 2 weeks 😞 and will meet up again in Kualur lumpa in Malaysia..so we said our gdbyes and watched the bro's sail of in to the distance.... Thats when we broke of the Champagne!!!! Bring on MALAYSIA for the HGYC (Hardcore Gap Year Crew) sad we know, but we dont care ................. 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb