Life in Thailand is best underwater unless you like buckets


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand
November 26th 2006
Published: November 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

JellyfishJellyfishJellyfish

This pretty big jellyfish was lurking near the line to ascend.i was breathing heavily!
alright people, well since we last spoke we havent really done a lot!thats southern thailand for you.
arrived in bangkok at 12 at night and got to a hostel even though the taxi driver nearly crashed into a post and didnt know where he was going.just went to the grand palace and had a look around and there was some military parade going on. then we made our way down to koh phangan to meet up with tom rosen from uni.nice to meet someone who you know from home and not have to go through the typical questons of where are you from etc.We went to the full moon party the following night altough the night before i was a little worse for wear from buckets of samsung (thai whisky) and redbull and coke so had to be carried home.Paced ourselves the next night and got to the beach to be faced with lots of very drunk annoying people(just like me the night before) but had a good night just laughing at all the people who were a bit worse for wear.
Chilled out the next night and made our way to koh tao to do some diving. its a bit
Crazy trigger fishCrazy trigger fishCrazy trigger fish

This is the titan triggerfish that attacked me when i was taking photos of it.Theyre a bit terratorial.I just did one up to the surface but it still followed me.scary stuff
annoying traveling in southern thailand as there are so many tourists your just packed on buses and told were to go and you have loads of stickers to identify you, its like a traffic light party at uni!
Koh tao was cool we went to the south...a beach called Chalak baan Kao as wanted somewhere a bit more chilled and took it easy(tom had to do a dash for burma to renew his visa!)we sorted out diving and me and zoe did advanced diving(altough zoes course was short lived as she damaged her ear drum as she had a cold so had to leave the diving). i really enjoyed the diving although visibilty wasnt brilliant but good to learn more skills!
we could have stayed there for ages but needed to move on and see something else so we went to Ko lanta on the west cost. we were planning to go to koh phi phi but was supposed to be expensive and really touristy so left that! did a bit more diving here at koh bida and hin maeng and hin daeng! we were on the look out for manta rays and whale sharks but didnt see any unfortunately.saw
loads of nemo impersonatersloads of nemo impersonatersloads of nemo impersonaters

I took all these photos when i did my underwater photography section of my dive course. impressive huh!
loads of fish though and a turtle which was still amazing!
so it was mostly just diving and sunabthing so hopefully when we get back we wont be too pasty!
weve parted from tom now and we are back in bangkok just sorting out visas and then we are off to cambodia to see angkor wot and the killing fields and then vietnam for christmas and laos for new year and then we will be coming home!boo hoo!
will be quite nice to get back to normality though and earn some much needed cash! any donations much appreciated! hehe.

rich and zoe


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

attentionattention
attention

at the grand palace in bangkok
Khao san road in bangkokKhao san road in bangkok
Khao san road in bangkok

cos when you are on the busiest and most stressful street in the world all you want is a massage!
chalak baan kao beach in koh taochalak baan kao beach in koh tao
chalak baan kao beach in koh tao

taken from the aptly named happy daze cafe!
the biggest game of jenga ive been involved inthe biggest game of jenga ive been involved in
the biggest game of jenga ive been involved in

whenever you are in a bar in thailand all the girls that work there come and play games with you! they are all unbelievably good though its scary!


Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0782s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb