Prachuap Kiri Khan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Western Thailand » Prachuap Khiri Khan
February 14th 2017
Published: February 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Five years ago we fell in love with PKK and the Sun Beach Hotel. Back then we stayed for five nights but this time we only had two. None of our friends had ever heard of the place but last year, to our surprise, we worked with acouple who had visited the town and loved it as much as we did. Our aim this time was to relax and we certainly did that. The very high tide meant that once again the beach was unusable so we'll have to check the tide times and levels carefully before our next visit! Lounging by the pool or wandering through the sleepy streets was good enough for us.

The town had changed a bit. There are quite a few more hotels and restaurants but there didn't seem to be a significant increase in visitor numbers. Our hotel was full, hence us only being able to stay for two nights, but the service we received everywhere was still excellent. Ciao still serve amazing pizza and the view along the seafront from Top Deck as you enjoy a delicious Thai curry is great.

Our biggest problem was moving on. We didn't want to but we had to! Getting to Krabi by train meant several hours on the tracks followed by several more on a minibus. A tuk tuk took us out to the bus station (more like a hut at the side of the main road) where we were sold direct tickets on an 8 hour bus journey.

Departure day arrived all too soon and our excellent driver picked us up from the hotel as promised and left us at the bus station. The traffic police were having some kind of frenzied stop and search morning which was causing chaos on the roads. Our 11am bus eventually turned up closer to midday but for once it was the big bus we had been promised and, though not exactly modern and plush like others which passed us by, it was comfortable enough for such a long journey.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 27; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb